Hi everyone, hope you’re all good, I have had a horrible week, a complete nightmare. My husband inadvertently purchased some lovely looking plants for outside called ANGELS TRUMPETS, we’ve since found out they are very poisonous, Everytime we let our little dog out I’m terrified. It’s worse now it’s so wet too. We are trying to pay someone to remove them, and are waiting on a reply from them. My husband wanted to remove them and then have a shower, but I cannot let him, I would never go into the bathroom again. I really need a confidence boost. Sorry in advance I needed to vent, and to see if anyone else has been in a situation like this. Xx

You can let him remove the plants and you can let him take a shower and you can use the washroom after. It's choices. Anyone else would. You may choose not to, but that's only because you are paying attention to a silly part of your brain that is lying.

15 hours ago, Madchoc said:

Hi everyone, hope you’re all good, I have had a horrible week, a complete nightmare. My husband inadvertently purchased some lovely looking plants for outside called ANGELS TRUMPETS, we’ve since found out they are very poisonous, Everytime we let our little dog out I’m terrified. It’s worse now it’s so wet too. We are trying to pay someone to remove them, and are waiting on a reply from them. My husband wanted to remove them and then have a shower, but I cannot let him, I would never go into the bathroom again. I really need a confidence boost. Sorry in advance I needed to vent, and to see if anyone else has been in a situation like this. Xx

I think it's fair to say, almost everyone here has been in a situation like yours. It's not called Angels Trumpets, just OCD. 

Thank you PolarBear and paradoxer for your replies, but surely this is fact, we know these plants are very toxic. I m not just thinking they are without proof. Hope I’ve explained it ok. They say wear gloves and goggles to handle them . Thanks xx

Their toxicity is a fact, you’re absolutely right and it’s probably wise with pets and children running around to remove them, but it’s honestly an OCD fiction madchoc to feel the need to go beyond the recommended precautions.

I have contamination issues too and hand on heart I’d obviously wear gloves but I wouldn’t change clothes or shower after taking them out, I doubt I’d even wash my hands afterwards....the gloves will have fulfilled their purpose and done their job.

Would you consider an erp compromise...try to let your husband remove them with gloves, shower and for you then to continue using the shower w/o cleaning it? 

Madchoc, think of this...

Your research showed that handling the plant should involve gloves and goggles. Fine. But did your research ssy anything about showering after? Did it warn you to not use the bathroom after that shower? Of course not.

That's where your mind made a much bigger issue out of this. That's what OCD does. It takes a tiny thing and makes it into a huge issue in your mind.

My friend grows a bunch of toxic plants including datura and brugmansia. Hyoscine which is in the sea/travel sickness medicine “Kwells” is from that bunch of plants I think I read. And I’ve seen datura tablets on sale in my local health shop. Put the gloves on and get rid of it no need to shower.

3 hours ago, Madchoc said:

...no cleaning the shower 

High five? that’s fantastic...you thought you wouldn’t be able to do it, but you have!

Do you feel you might be able to take it a step further...maybe if a similar situation happens again you might be able to let your husband wash his hands but skip showering? 

Hopefully, yes. Thanks for your help and support, still have contamination worries popping up in my head , because my husband had to take our dog to the vets, & I worry all the time that he’s gone near dog poop. Seems I get over something for something else to take its place ,  Ahhhhhh.!!!!!? Xx