Medication question MIRAP

A few quick question has anyone had a jittery feeling in the stomach from mirazipan medication? I was increased to the max dose of 45mg about 4 weeks ago and although I do feel a bit better I have this odd jittery feeling in my stomach most days. Also would anyone suggest an alternative medication as I'm not sure this is suiting me. I will dicuss this with my psychiatrist at my next review. 

@Bewildered again, hello and welcome to the forums.  By "mirazipan" do you perhaps mean Mirtazpine?  Thats my guess but just want to clarify.

I can't offer first hand advice on that medication, though others might, but I think its a good idea to discuss any side effects with your psychiatrist if they are really bothering you.

As for alternatives, typically the first line treatment for OCD are the SSRI (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) class medications.  There are currently 6 that are used for treatment, the generic names are:

1. fluoxetine
  2. fluvoxamine
  3. citalopram
  4. escitalopram
  5. sertraline
  6. paroxetine

Mirtazpine can also be used to treat OCD, but is in a different class of drugs.

You could discuss these with your psychiatrist but keep in mind each medication comes with its own possibility for side effects, effectiveness and side effects can vary from person to person, and the onset of full effectiveness is generally 4-6 weeks for each SSRI, so if you switch it may be some time before you see full results.  If your side effects are significantly troublesome or the relief you are getting is minimal it might be worth switching, but ultimately thats a decision you'll have to make with your psychiatrist.

Aside from medication are you doing any therapy for your OCD?

I have cbt therapy line up but unfortunately not until Feb 2020. I am struggling daily with this jittery/dread  feeling and it's taking up a lot of my time thinking about the cause and the cure so I do know I am caught in some weird ocd loop of obsessively thinking about it. I'm refraining from the compulsion to search the Internet for remedies ect to combat this feeling.  I previously had harm and pocd and I'm thankful I recovered from that with cbt. I haven't really had any real issue since I was first diagnosed and in 2006 until now. 2 things I have realised over the past few days is 1 my medication isn't helping and 2 I am obvessively thinking about this awkward feeling.