Hi everyone, this has been a horrendous week for me,  I be not been well with a virus I think and my OCD is always worse, my husband is at the end of his tether, he spoke about divorce. This horrified me, I need some therapy but am waiting on some PPI money. I need to be stronger but as you know it’s so so hard. My husband took some bags of rubbish to our communal skips , he then removed his trousers and top put them in the washer,  ut he’d left some water in the washing up bowl, then he topped the water up and washed some dishes, he had left some washed dishes on the drainer, he then dryed the dishes and put them away in cupboards now I’m convinced that all the dishes and cupboards are contaminated. This is because of his clothes going near the water he used. The washer is right by the sink etc. I’m so anxious and worried, please any advice. Thanks xxx?❤️?

First problem is he shouldn't have removed his trousers. There was no reason to.

These types of behaviors are compulsions. They are making you worse and keeping you living in fear. They need to stop, especially those being done by others.

You have a decision to make. What's more important to you: staying away from anxiety or your marriage? 

CBT is awesome and well worth it but you can start right now. You can start right now curbing and stopping your compulsions and challenging your OCD. It will be uncomfortable. It will likely be very uncomfortable. But that won't hurt you and it does get easier over time.

You are reacting to a lie. There is no contamination but you react as if you had nuclear waste around you. What your husband does for you is unnecessary, pointless and ridiculous. You have the power to change that.

Thanks for your reply, you are so very reliable for advice, yes I know you’re right and I do feel absolutely like sh,,t. I need to trust my self more much more. It’s so hard to do this. Thanks again xx??❤️

Sorry to hear that you are having a tough day. 

Can you access any NHS therapy? 

I have just purchased the beating OCD workbook (should be available from the OCD UK shop) and I think that will really help me as looked like some relatable examples for contamination stuff. 

Take care