The Good Place

In the show the good place there is a character called Chidi. He has very strong anxiety and I began to notice the cycles and trying to 'solve away the things causing his anxiety, along with avoiding doing these things. it made me wonder as at first glance it doesn't really appear as ocd but it has a lot of the same components and I suppose I was just wondering if anyone else who had watched it  thought he had ocd or an ocd like disorder? 

I love The Good Place!  I can see how you could relate some of Chidi's behavior to OCD, but I don't think thats the intended goal and I think there is enough difference to separate it.  For one thing Chidi genuinely enjoys ethics, at least in the abstract sense.  Thinking about and pondering ethics is FUN for him.  The trouble is the practical implications, taking the theoretical and implementing it in a finite world.  In that sense there is a similarity, Chidi is trying to achieve ethical perfection in a world where perfection is a literal impossibility.  However I don't think the goal of the show is to portray or evoke OCD, but to specifically have a character for whom ethics is the key driving factor as ethics is the core issue of the shows universe.  He's a convenient exaggeration/personification of the shows core conflict, what does it mean to be a "good person".