Trouser Zip (Flies)

Hello all,

I am usually very careful to make sure my front zip is pulled up on my trousers. Well, today I went to sit down on the toilet only to find my zip 'appeared' to be already down. Now I say 'appeared' because I may have pulled down my zip before undoing the button on my jeans. As I say, I am usually very careful about this thing. Usually I wouldn't fuss quite so much about possibly walking around with my front zip open, but my youngest grandson is staying with us at the moment. Even if he were not, I still had pants on underneath to hide my modesty.

I spoke to my wife and adult daughter about this (I really get on their nerves sometimes with these things) and they both said the same thing in different ways. My daughter saying, what are the ramifications of walking around 'flying low?'

Well, as I was wearing pants I couldn't see any ramifications! But as I said in the first paragraph, I am usually so careful about this and my zip 'appeared' to have been down.

I guess, if it had been up all the time and I had undone my trousers in the wrong order, I am reacting to a situation which didn't exist. If they had been down through carelessness then I should try to be a bit more mindful about these things.

I am being far too sensitive about this.

1 hour ago, Closed for repairs said:

Button then, zip or zip then button.

The great debate of our time.....

lol! Closed for repairs you often make me laugh--thank you! :)

@O Neg I can relate to a lot of your posts and think we have many similar issues. 

3 hours ago, O Neg said:

If they had been down through carelessness then I should try to be a bit more mindful about these things.

Please please don't be more 'mindful of these things.' That is a compulsion that will only make things much worse over time. I can easily see one getting caught in checking their zipper endlessly. 

Try more for accepting the logic that you can obviously hear as more true with the non-ocd thinking. A zipper down absolutely doesn't matter. 

I wonder if a lot of what triggered you was just the surprise element--you saying you are normally so careful about this, then suddenly you find your zipper is down. That kind of thing triggers me. So try to accept the ok-ness of something like this not being in your control as it has no importance anyhow.

Don't let this situation make your ocd worse by making too much of it!