I recently got diagnosed with OCD and my situation is making it really hard to cope

so i was recently diagnosed with OCD and have been booked into some CBT, I'm waiting for my appointment now which is three months away. I'm trying my best to learn to cope but am having a really hard time as the big source of my OCD which is what helped it come to light is a person I live with. He's been having a hard time himself and after a particularly bad day and experience it's got me obsessing over the worst possible outcomes for him and the worries that come with that. The problem is I see him all the time so lack a safe space where I don't feel responsible, when I'm not around him in the house I'm obsessing over wether he feels lonely or is having dark thoughts and when I am with him I'm obsessing over wether I'm being to coddly and making him feel alienated. All in all I know I've done everything I could to help him by suggesting therapy (which he won't take) and making sure he knows I'm here but convincing myself of this is really hard and I find myself obsessing over the situation at all times, so really what I'm asking is has anyone had a similar situation where they have a issue they can't resolve but have to see commonly and who did they cope with this situation and come to terms with it.

thanks

Edited by chubbyooo
21 minutes ago, chubbyooo said:

so i was recently diagnosed with OCD and have been booked into some CBT, I'm waiting for my appointment now which is three months away. I'm trying my best to learn to cope but am having a really hard time as the big source of my OCD which is what helped it come to light is a person I live with. He's been having a hard time himself and after a particularly bad day and experience it's got me obsessing over the worst possible outcomes for him and the worries that come with that. The problem is I see him all the time so lack a safe space where I don't feel responsible, when I'm not around him in the house I'm obsessing over wether he feels lonely or is having dark thoughts and when I am with him I'm obsessing over wether I'm being to coddly and making him feel alienated. All in all I know I've done everything I could to help him by suggesting therapy (which he won't take) and making sure he knows I'm here but convincing myself of this is really hard and I find myself obsessing over the situation at all times, so really what I'm asking is has anyone had a similar situation where they have a issue they can't resolve but have to see commonly and who did they cope with this situation and come to terms with it.

thanks

alot of situations with ocd cant be resolved so to speak - I wish someone obsessed over me that much when I needed them lol, but no one does probably because its unhealthy, in life unfortunately there is a certain resignation people have to someone making there own choices regardless of support. I think you need to try to resign yourself to knowing you cannot be sure this person isnt going to harm themselves no matter what you do, act according to your values, but dont obsess, easier said than done, but its really your only option.

thanks, I know in my heart that's what I have to do, I have to let go of the obsession and allow them to make their own choice I'm just finding that part really hard. Letting go of someone when they're in this difficult state has proven to be one of the hardest things of all but you're right it's the only option I have it's just seeing them so much is it's own trigger and one I can't openly freak out about