Something positive!! Shock horror :O

Evening everyone!

I joined this forum.. ooh about a month and a bit ago now, and I'm so glad I did. I was in the darkest place all that time ago, I was begging some higher power to make it stop and just end it.. I didn't care how! I wanted my harmful thoughts to stop and I was going around the bend feeling sick to my stomach, constantly worried and making my own life hell!

And it took a little support from some good people on here who made things very clear, with some gentle support and some tougher love (won't mention names lol). It was a combination of learning some extra bits about OCD and how it works, and some very clear advice to stop doing compulsions!

Whilst it's hard for some people with this condition to stop compulsions, I cannot tell you how much better I have been and happy I have been to see my OCD starved of power. It's ironic actually how the only thing I actually do wholeheartedly wish harm towards is my OCD!!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped me throughout this time, this dark cloud really has lifted and I can actually LOOK FORWARD TO THINGS!!!!

Please can I use this as well to show other people out there with this horrible disorder that it really is something you can overcome, and it feels damn good when you do! I've still got OCD but now it's my b*tch not the other way around!

Chin up to everyone struggling, you've come to the right place!

B :)