Hello!

I Am New Here! Although Not New To OCD! 12 Years And Counting! Currently On 150mg Of Stertraline For The Little Good It Does!

Anyway Things Are Getting Worse! My OCD Is Centered Around Contamination! I Currently Use 12 500ml Bottles Of Handwash And 1 750ml Bottle Of Washing Up Liquid A Week Washing My Hands! Not Bad Going When I Work 25 Hours A Week So Not At Home 4 Days!

i Am so scared Of Been Sick! Or My Children Been Sick! I Am A Hairdresser And Today I Did A Little Girls Hair Who Was Off School Because She Was Sick This Morning! Now I Am Worried She Would Have Had Sick In Her Hair Which I Touched Then Contaminated All Of My Equipment! And I Am Worried I Will Get Sick! I Am Scared To Go To Work Tomorrow!xxxx

Welcome on board,

Sorry to hear you feel so bad.

1 hour ago, Kirsty84 said:

i Am so scared Of Been Sick! Or My Children Been Sick! I Am A Hairdresser And Today I Did A Little Girls Hair Who Was Off School Because She Was Sick This Morning! Now I Am Worried She Would Have Had Sick In Her Hair Which I Touched Then Contaminated All Of My Equipment! And I Am Worried I Will Get Sick! I Am Scared To Go To Work Tomorrow!xxxx

I’m sure you know that this is the OCD, talking.

have you done any therapy, or looked at any of the self help books available?

Hi Kirsty :),

Welcome to the forums :howdy:

I am sorry you are feeling scared about going to work tomorrow. One thing you should know is that you have to ignore your OCD fears to start having progress. So don't listen to your OCD. OCD is a big fat liar. Go work tomorrow, it doesn't matter what your OCD says about your equipment. Remember that OCD is a big fat liar.