Thanks battlethrough. My family and I have had a particularly unpleasant Christmas, mainly due to my disorder. This has possibly been the worst festive season ever for us. Christmas is tough for everyone. I look at other people and I wish I were them; free of OCD. However, one can never be sure what baggage other people are carrying!

Agreed,maby mask it differently, so many people say the can't be leave I suffer so much,don't see me crying myself to sleep or terrified to get out of bed with a dread to get through the day,every Xmas I think is this going to be the one I enjoy and as soon as I think that it's as if I jynx it,on a positive I haven't confessed and ruined my partners Xmas this year,its been her turn to be cow lol

Hi Battlethrough,

I can relate- my contamination OCD meant that I had a massive freak-out about the bacteria-laden turkey and sausages being cooked and the kitchen being contaminated (my OCD has meant we've had not meat all year). The morning was nice (we went for a beach walk) and I tried really hard to not (i.e. to not let the OCD) ruin things but ended up angry with my Dad and not eating the 'contaminated' 'undercooked' food. The evening was OK. I tried really hard several times to cope in 'triggering' situations over the days surrounding Christmas, such as when I opened the door onto a wall that was covered in vomit and managed to regain control after a panic attack but generally I did struggle.

I absolutely love Christmas but it definitely seems to be the time of year when my OCD is at its worst!

Edited by BelAnna
53 minutes ago, battlethrough said:

Agreed,maby mask it differently, so many people say the can't be leave I suffer so much,don't see me crying myself to sleep or terrified to get out of bed with a dread to get through the day,every Xmas I think is this going to be the one I enjoy and as soon as I think that it's as if I jynx it,on a positive I haven't confessed and ruined my partners Xmas this year,its been her turn to be cow lol

Sorry that you struggle so much Battlethrough and the that your partner was in a mood this Christmas!