Hi all. Recently, California passed a consumer privacy act and I've gone NUTS asking for data from every company I've interacted with to see if I cheated on my husband. 

I'm mainly looking for any cell phone or location data. I've called a cell phone company 5x to confirm they only give you the last 12 months of information, but it's not good enough for my OCD. What if they're wrong? What if I misheard them? What if they didn't understand me?

I'm going nuts and I'm so depressed. I've lost about 5 lbs in one week and I can't even look my new husband in the eye just in case there is something in these reports. I'm so scared I'm going to get these data reports and see location information that pins me at the ex's house and have to confess. 

I'm going back to therapy, but I just can't stop. I'm so upset. 

And yet, you have to stop.

I know the urge to do these meaningless compulsions is strong, but you've got to know that they don't do any good. 

You've done all this work lately. Has your situation improved? Are you any closer to an answer? No. You are right where you were before you started this latest round of compulsions, though likely feeling worse.

Keep it up and you'll just sink further down the rabbit hole of misery.