Rumination interupting sleep now!

Sometimes I come out with some right rubbish.  I have been ruminating about something I said at work over a week ago.  I have tried to let the thoughts go through my head but now its still waking me up at night and I need some help.

I work in a school.  There is a dance competition done by each class.  My colleagues class has the theme of 'love' to dance to.  I said ' Lets get in on' by Marvin Gay! to be funny!!  We had just had a training session about what to look for if pupils my be suffering from abuse and what to do about it.  Why the heck did I say this!! and now i'm  thinking do they think i'm really weird.

I know abuse is abhorrent but I'm particularly sensitive to this subject as I was sexually abused as a child. 

On 15/01/2020 at 01:40, loulou said:

now i'm  thinking do they think i'm really weird.

Maybe, but that's ok, nothing wrong with being weird :)
Besides, you were a student yourself, I'm sure you thought some of your teachers were weird. 
And as someone who has done some teaching I know some of my students thought *I* was weird.
Again, its ok, its not a big deal.  Treat it as not a big deal and the anxiety will fade away over time.

I hear you. I lost some sleep this week too and am still really tired! (And still fixating on how best to 'fix' it and feel 'right' again). Losing sleep is not uncommon. We all make mistakes and we all say silly things. You're just a considerate and mindful person who wants what's best for the pupils. ?

Please be kind to yourself. Have a good snooze this weekend. ❤️