What's the best OCD advice you've heard?

19 hours ago, Pranjali said:

What is the difference between reassurance (which is helpful) and compulsive reassurance?

Take a look at some users posting for reassurance compulsively.  Years of the same topic. 

Is there a book just of CBT techniques? I looked up on Amazon but there were too many. I see so many posts where people say so and so CBT technique says this..

Is there a particular book or author I can look up for?

I found some basics online but would appreciate some direction.. thanks

4 hours ago, Pranjali said:

Is there a particular book or author I can look up for?

I found some basics online but would appreciate some direction.. thanks

There are many books, and its probably not as important as you think which one you get, but you can find a pretty good selection on the official OCD-UK shop site:
https://www.ocduk.org/product-category/books/?orderby=popularity&product-category%2Fbooks%2Fpage%2F4%2F

Break Free from OCD is quite popular (which is probably way its at the top of the page).
I found Brainlock to be particularly useful, and I also liked The OCD Workbook.
There are others that are good too that I'm sure people can recommend.

Many people are tempted to buy multiple books, but 2-3 should probably be enough.  Beyond that its mostly just repeating the same information in slightly different ways.  The temptation is to keep trying new books looking for "THE answer" but "THE answer" is just doing the work.

If you type in OCD and sort by popular books on whatever site you use, the top results will probably be good.

• 2 weeks later...