Not quite sure how to feel.

Been suffering for quite a while. 
finally something in my head told me you need to get help you can’t continue like this. I had counselling for a good 6 weeks. Just before Christmas my councillor signed me off back to my doctors. 

booked my self back on for more counselling had the referral meeting today. 
The lady said I have OCD it’s nice to finally be told I’m not just mad there is a name. 

but I don’t know how to feel. 

Feel however you need to feel. I certainly wouldn't feel anything negative though ? There's nothing wrong with having OCD. It's good you've been seeing a counselor for support. OCD is an extremely treatable condition, and with the right proactive steps you'll be able to live a normal life ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/02/2020 at 07:58, Pufc94 said:

but I don’t know how to feel. 

Thats ok, you can feel however you want, and how you feel can change over time as you process this information.
Maybe you feel some relief for finally having a name to put to this thing you are dealing with.
Maybe you feel anger that its something you don't deserve.
Maybe you feel tired from dealing with it for so long.
Maybe you feel grateful for the doctors and medical professionals who have helped you.
Probably its a mix of emotions.

OCD is not great to have, but its not the end of the world either.  There are effective therapies and medications to help you manage OCD and get back to living your life how you want, not how OCD dictates.  Its a process, it takes patience and time, you don't have to deal with it all right this second.  Continue to work with your therapist and doctors and of course welcome to the forums, we're here to help you (and you to help us!) too.

Not knowing how to feel is okay; it's a commonly used phrase! You're stopping one thing and starting another. Be kind to yourself and let yourself adjust. You're going to be okay. :)