Misusing the term OCD on Valentine’s Day cards

That's really bad, especially the one on the left ! Who actually thinks it's acceptable to say that and produce a card with it on ? I hope they sell zero. 

I wonder if this is something Ashley could take up with them ?

Edited by Avo
2 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

The one on the right is oddly kind of nice if meant sincerely but I don't get the joke?! 

I can see what you mean, but if my OH sent me it, I'd be ripping it up and throwing it in the bin. I don't know why, but that's how it'd make me feel. 

They are completely bizarre.  Have they been designed by a designer who;s life has been affected by a partner with OCD?  They are discriminatory  & offensive.  Like said above, imagine saying...Even though you've had cancer.....Even though you've had a stroke, Even though you have dementia :mad:

They ask for feedback, perhaps we should all oblige and e-mail them

Feedback

We'd love to hear what you think! So if you've got a question, any feedback or an award-winning pun, then please drop us a line at talktous@thortful.com

It's so frustrating that the vernacular has changed and OCD now pretty much means "a neat freak/particular" etc.  I've banged this drum a lot but I really think it needs a new name! You can't halt the change of language and I think we have lost the term OCD to forever mean picky.  So many people use it like that, kind and thoughtful people, even people who know that OCD is a serious illness.  They're not doing it on purpose - it's just what the word means now!  

Just now, Caramoole said:

.....and I don;t even see it as misusing the term OCD, it reads as a direct attack or judgement to me

I don't read it like that, I read it as "even though you inflict your (clean freakishness/anal retentiveness/whatever) on me I still love you." I don't think it is attacking people with the illness OCD I think it is misunderstanding what OCD is. 

Like honestly years ago before I realised I had OCD or really what it was, I might have sent a card like that to B, referring to her cleaning tendencies in an affectionate way.  Obviously I know better now.