Hi havnt had any obsessions for over a year and woke up this morning with one which I’m itching to google! Any advice? Plz

Hello I havnt been on the forum for a few months, been doing so well, and havnt had any obsessions for well over a year, suddenly this morning I woke up with a question I desperately want an answer to. Even though Iv already asked it before and it hasn’t been solved it has reared it’s ugly Head again demanding I either google it or ask for reassurance, and I know I probably won’t get an answer to it anyways as some things you just can’t answer, but I really don’t want to start googling things again as it’s been so long but the urge has been very strong to do it. It’s burning a hole in my head! Stronger Than ever at times Any advice plz. I’m so not used to this now having been so long.

Hi there! 

You can get through this! :)  Try telling yourself you can Google in 10 minutes time, then after that time, set another ten minutes, then maybe fifteen minutes. Keep telling yourself you'll do something about it later and keep putting off that time. :) 

It’s not as prominent now but still hanging around it’s hard isn’t it? Your brain tells you it’s so important to get an answer when it isn’t important at all. It’s scratching away at the surface to get reassurance or answered. Why should we have to answer everything I keep trying to tell myself to let things be unsolved.

It can be so frustrating! OCD makes me feel desperate to know answers; you're right though - it's absolutely fine to leave things unsolved. ? 

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better - acknowledge to yourself that it's okay to want to look something up, just that you don't have to do it now. Do something else until the feeling passes ?