A quick little update

Hey all, been doing better these last few weeks after a big bump in the road.

It led me to realize I wasn’t getting any more out of my current therapy plan. I did find a new therapist and have seen her 2x and also got on a low dose of Zoloft about 4 weeks ago.

I’m really taking to the therapy plan. She laid it out in very achievable goals for me and flipped the script on ERP. I took the YBOS and scored 20 which puts me in moderate. So we have check ins to track my progress.

I think what I’m really finding beneficial is the practical use of ERP. Before, my mind would almost panic when a thought would come up and be like “omg ok stop what I’m doing to do CBT!” But she gave me some tips on how to make it part of my every day life instead of giving it so much attention. “Intrusive thoughts comes? Oh interesting. Move on to next topic.”

She also helped me embrace the anxiety. Instead of running away, I run toward it and use it as an opportunity to practice my therapy. Seeing it in a more goal-oriented light has really done it for me. I’m hoping I can continue to learn and improve.