OCD and Migraine

1 hour ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

You are arguing with yourself. You are also writing things I haven't said. Shame on you.

Search "second or third opinion". Yee that doesn't sound like you already know what you will accept a doctor to say or not. Sounds like you already know yourself. There is nothing dangerous with you having migraines and especially not with not recognizing the important link between OCD and migraines. 

And no therapy is the best thing for OCD, OCD-medications doesn't even do that much.

I didn't mean to quote this.

58 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Shame on you too. Please don't come up with things I haven't said. 

You are both obsessing about migraines and what it means. It doesn't mean anything. You habe them and they are bad, but I know for a fact that people with OCD (and other people) which focus on things just make them worse. It's a bad spiral.

Maybe moderators should do something about this. You're clearly trying to peace people off. This thread had nothing but good people that were trying to help one another. If you have nothing to contribute, then please dont. I still don't understand what you're doing here as you've shown you know nothing about migraines nor are interested in our conversation. If you want to help people who do suffer from it, please do but dont be condescending. You seem to have some god complex, as if you have the only truth in the world and everybody else is wrong.

I'm clearly not arguing with myself as you seem to keep coming back.

Seriously, no therapy is the best thing for ocd!? Are you trolling people? And it seems a bit odd that not one but two people are coming up with things you apparently didn't say. You're just trying to cause trouble, clearly. Shame on you, not us. 

I will stop answering to you, as you seem to only want attention. Goodnight,  good luck with your ocd if you do have it, and please stop spamming this thread.

Edited by VNDO
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OCDhavenobrain
1 hour ago, VNDO said:

Maybe moderators should do something about this. You're clearly trying to peace people off. This thread had nothing but good people that were trying to help one another. If you have nothing to contribute, then please dont. I still don't understand what you're doing here as you've shown you know nothing about migraines nor are interested in our conversation. If you want to help people who do suffer from it, please do but dont be condescending. You seem to have some god complex, as if you have the only truth in the world and everybody else is wrong.

I'm clearly not arguing with myself as you seem to keep coming back.

Seriously, no therapy is the best thing for ocd!? Are you trolling people? And it seems a bit odd that not one but two people are coming up with things you apparently didn't say. You're just trying to cause trouble, clearly. Shame on you, not us. 

I will stop answering to you, as you seem to only want attention. Goodnight,  good luck with your ocd if you do have it, and please stop spamming this thread.

Still making things up. I said therapy is the answer.

This is a forum about recovering and I will tell when I see compulsions. Sorry that you two are doing bad but you are the rudes ones.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
Guest OCDhavenobrain

What is happening here is you two are obsessing about the same thing and you think it is important, but it isn't.  Your OCD have made up all those stories about how important it is to treat it seriously, it could even be "dangerous" if you didn't. I am sorry but I am not the guy involving in compulsions.

You have migraines which are bad but you have got stuck. Sorry!

8 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

This is a forum about recovering and I will tell when I see compulsions. Sorry that you two are doing bad but you are the rudes ones.

Then you should use commas to avoid being misinterpreted. You can't see a compulsion where there is none. You just cant be wrong, can you? 

10 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

I will abstain to make any further comments regarding this matter. Good night.

5 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

What is happening here is you two are obsessing about the same thing and you think it is important, but it isn't.  Your OCD have made up all those stories about how important it is to treat it seriously, it could even be "dangerous" if you didn't. I am sorry but I am not the guy involving in compulsions.

You have migraines which are bad but you have got stuck. Sorry!

Seriously, where are the administrators? You have something wrong with you. Who do you think you are? God almighty? We shared our stories and that was all. This thread had been closed for ages until afmoon03 started it again to know if anyone else on this forum also suffered from migraines. You might need to pick up a dictionary and search the meaning of an obsession, or maybe be humbled and say you're wrong. Even better, leave us alone!

Edited by VNDO
Guest OCDhavenobrain

How kind you are!

Also what I really said: "do not put your hopes to medications when it comes to OCD, go for therapy. Go for a new mindset."

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
Guest OCDhavenobrain

Please you two go for therapy. This is not making you any better. Good luck.

Edit: reread the thread just in case.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
4 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

How kind you are!

Also what I really said: "do not put your hopes to medications when it comes to OCD, go for therapy. Go for a new mindset."

"And no therapy is the best thing for OCD" should I go any further?

Guest OCDhavenobrain
14 minutes ago, VNDO said:

"And no therapy is the best thing for OCD" should I go any further?

Mm, that one was a mistake. Written badly, I did wrong.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
38 minutes ago, afmoon03 said:

Oh dear, what on earth is going on here? Wish I'd never started the thread now??I was purely interested in other people's experiences.

Please don't. It's a very good thread and it's good to share what we go through ?

14 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

It's time to take a breather from the forum OCDhavenobrain. I appreciate you're scared, a lot of people are with all that's going-on at the moment in the news - but posting like this isn't doing you or anyone else here much good. 

Please take my suggestion on board...

20 hours ago, VNDO said:

Please don't. It's a very good thread and it's good to share what we go through ?

Is it safe to come out now do you think VNDO?hehe!

How are you doing today? 

6 hours ago, afmoon03 said:

Is it safe to come out now do you think VNDO?hehe!

How are you doing today? 

Ahah I hope so! 

I'm doing better. I went out for a walk and my headache got much better. With all of this coronavirus thing, all of the unis closed. I think if I don't leave the house my head gets worse.

What about you?

I'm glad the walk helped?being indoors too much definitely doesn't help in all sorts of ways! 

I've been better but have had a fairly productive day thank you. Managed to fall over quite theatrically ealier on though. Was attempting a shot on goal playing football with my son...indoors on a hard wooden floor, ouch!! 

43 minutes ago, afmoon03 said:

I'm glad the walk helped?being indoors too much definitely doesn't help in all sorts of ways! 

I've been better but have had a fairly productive day thank you. Managed to fall over quite theatrically ealier on though. Was attempting a shot on goal playing football with my son...indoors on a hard wooden floor, ouch!! 

Completely!

Oh, at least that ?

Oh no! I hope you're not too badly hurt! At least it wasn't in public ahah I've fallen in the tube station during rush hour. I couldn't have ran out of there faster ?

On 12/03/2020 at 21:09, felix4 said:

Hi again,

I was apprehensive too, mainly because of how my OCD was affecting me, & partly because of meeting new people, and how big the group might be & so on. When I got there, there was only 3 other I'm sufferers and 2 therapists, all of which very friendly.

With regards to recovery/treatment, I would say that I am now 85-90% better. I do also take a minimal dosage of an antidepressant & antipsychotic prescribed by my psychiatrist, but by way of comparison, this is way down on what I used to have to take!

Like I said before, stick at it, because each session has it's purpose, & it is nearer the end that everything clicks into place! I know that for me, it felt like I kind of had the upper hand and was controlling the OCD for a change, as opposed to it controlling me, and the CBT took the sting out of ERP, which I struggled badly with before.

Good luck for Monday!

:) 

Hi felix4, I hope you are enjoying the weekend. I'm dreading tomorrow. Worried the other people on the course won't have similar intrusive thoughts to mine and about having intrusive thoughts whilst there. I know all forms of OCD are to be treated the same but it's talking about it it with others. One of the themes is something my brain latched on to (obviously) and isn't a common one. It's also really hard to explain it. 

I know I must try and be optimistic about the course. It's just very hard, as you know. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. I may have a question or two!

2 hours ago, afmoon03 said:

Hi felix4, I hope you are enjoying the weekend. I'm dreading tomorrow. Worried the other people on the course won't have similar intrusive thoughts to mine and about having intrusive thoughts whilst there. I know all forms of OCD are to be treated the same but it's talking about it it with others. One of the themes is something my brain latched on to (obviously) and isn't a common one. It's also really hard to explain it. 

I know I must try and be optimistic about the course. It's just very hard, as you know. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow. I may have a question or two!

Hi afmoon03,

It was about 3 years back when I attended, & I must confess that I never divulged the worst of my thoughts to the rest of the group at the start, but as time went on, I felt more comfortable and able to reveal more.

They will ask everyone to respect each others privacy when out and about & so on, but I seem to remember the therapists setting a little time aside at the end of each session for anyone wanting to raise anything in private that they feel uncomfortable talking about in a group.

The first few sessions will be about CBT, with the tail end of the course being ERP.

I am not sure if she has moved on, but hopefully you'll have a really nice foreign lady (French I think) called Veronique, but I am sure it will be good regardless of the therapist because they seemed to have a slightly different model compared to the other group/one to one courses that I attended on the NHS.

You'll be fine!

16 hours ago, felix4 said:

Hi afmoon03,

It was about 3 years back when I attended, & I must confess that I never divulged the worst of my thoughts to the rest of the group at the start, but as time went on, I felt more comfortable and able to reveal more.

They will ask everyone to respect each others privacy when out and about & so on, but I seem to remember the therapists setting a little time aside at the end of each session for anyone wanting to raise anything in private that they feel uncomfortable talking about in a group.

The first few sessions will be about CBT, with the tail end of the course being ERP.

I am not sure if she has moved on, but hopefully you'll have a really nice foreign lady (French I think) called Veronique, but I am sure it will be good regardless of the therapist because they seemed to have a slightly different model compared to the other group/one to one courses that I attended on the NHS.

You'll be fine!

I got there and it had been cancelled due to the Coronavirus ? I was expecting it to be cancelled perhaps in a couple of weeks time but not just yet.

On 16/03/2020 at 13:30, afmoon03 said:

I got there and it had been cancelled due to the Coronavirus ? I was expecting it to be cancelled perhaps in a couple of weeks time but not just yet.

That is a shame, afmoon03,

It had crossed my mind that it would at some stage interfere, but I too was not expecting it this soon either.

I guess all you can do is play it by ear, and keep plugging away at self help for time being.

All the best.