Hi guys,

Hope you are all keeping safe and well during this difficult time with the Coronavirus. I’m just conscious of those like myself of us who will be more idle now and indoors and possibly in stressful situations at times. 

My reason for writing this even is just to look for some support and sorry for being selfish in doing that. I don’t like to but I just feel my intrusive worry bothering me so much and feel I need almost like a reset button to encourage me and help me move on with positivity and courage knowing ruminating about what I fear won’t help.

Thanks friends...

Hey Nikki it's been a while, I'm glad you've been finding your way through as best you can and everyone is allowed some moments for support.

Something that isn't always mentioned is that you're also allowed to feel sorry for yourself on occasion (everyone does) but don't let it hold you down and take over. :)

*Consider this your reset button*

How is it bothering you, are you thinking on it too much, are you feeling OCD present while you're carrying out your activities with your little one? Remember that it's just OCD and it's not important in the slightest, you're allowed to have thoughts and it's up to you how much importance you want to attach to them.

B

2 hours ago, BM94 said:

Hey Nikki it's been a while, I'm glad you've been finding your way through as best you can and everyone is allowed some moments for support.

Something that isn't always mentioned is that you're also allowed to feel sorry for yourself on occasion (everyone does) but don't let it hold you down and take over. :)

*Consider this your reset button*

How is it bothering you, are you thinking on it too much, are you feeling OCD present while you're carrying out your activities with your little one? Remember that it's just OCD and it's not important in the slightest, you're allowed to have thoughts and it's up to you how much importance you want to attach to them.

B

Thanks BM94 ?

I haven’t realistically been able to forget it for more than 24 hours and even at that it was just more faded in my mind. I just see the worry there all the time. Yes I have to admit I’ve succumb to some rumination a few times on it also. I met too with a new therapist last week who I will be seeing regularly but I had to bring it up in that session. I feel talking about it brings it back to me but how can I get help for it unless I talk about it?

I’m guessing the fear of it in every sense is keeping it alive.