Good morning everyone,

I hope everyone is well and not letting Coronavirus worry us more than is necessary.

I don't think I'm allowed to put the link here but the BBC has a little video on how people with OCD and anxiety can cope throughout these difficult times. I just googled "BBC OCD coronavirus advice" and it came up quickly on Google.

I hope it helps to calm those who are getting anxious in this situation we find ourselves in.

Stay well everyone, be kind to yourself?

11 minutes ago, jenny77 said:

Good morning everyone,

I hope everyone is well and not letting Coronavirus worry us more than is necessary.

I don't think I'm allowed to put the link here but the BBC has a little video on how people with OCD and anxiety can cope throughout these difficult times. I just googled "BBC OCD coronavirus advice" and it came up quickly on Google.

I hope it helps to calm those who are getting anxious in this situation we find ourselves in.

Thanks very useful video!!

28 minutes ago, jenny77 said:

Good morning everyone,

More than happy for you to post the link for helpful article from the BBC.

Not sure if same one, I watched a BBC one this morning and I wasn't that impressed (could be just me). Assuming the same video it felt more like BBC clickbait around OCD with very little substance to help us. I felt the guy talking was very factual and not really any 'feeling' within his words. Not helped by standard 'cleaning' video by the BBC.  But could just be me.

23 hours ago, I am Bob said:

Thanks very useful video!!

You're welcome Bob!

23 hours ago, Ashley said:

More than happy for you to post the link for helpful article from the BBC.

Not sure if same one, I watched a BBC one this morning and I wasn't that impressed (could be just me). Assuming the same video it felt more like BBC clickbait around OCD with very little substance to help us. I felt the guy talking was very factual and not really any 'feeling' within his words. Not helped by standard 'cleaning' video by the BBC.  But could just be me.

Hi Ashley, yes that's the one. I was just surprised and impressed that they had thought of how people with OCD may be coping during this pandemic. I liked how they were trying to encourage us not to obsess about hand washing and hygiene?

24 minutes ago, jenny77 said:

I was just surprised and impressed that they had thought of how people with OCD may be coping during this pandemic.

Thanks for sharing Jenny, I am critical of it (part of my job to help get these things right or challenge when wrong), but like you say if it helps one person then it's worth sharing, so thank you. :) 

The media have been doing OCD/hand washing stories all week.  I did wonder if it was just me being hyper critical so I did put this out on social media last night and the general feedback was it was pretty poor effort by the BBC.

Some great articles and podcasts from BABCP and charities here if of interest -  https://www.ocduk.org/ocd-and-coronavirus-resources/

The BBC did put out a good article in the week thought which I thought was much better thought out. 

Thanks Ashley - you have posted some great articles. The tabloids and tv news stories - in the main - are simply escalating panic as the article published in ‘The Psychologist’ demonstrates. Stay well.