Annoyed & very disappointed.

Hey all,

I'm really just looking for a Mr PB virtual slap on the wrist here, but here it goes:

I'm driving home this afternoon and theres a family of 8 people walking across the most ridiculously dangerous 60mph crossroads where so many crashes happen right. They looked at me like they own the road and they didnt even hurry across, they couldnt give a s***. So I drove around them a bit closer than I usually would near pedestrians (slowly though), and then once I passed them I accelerated quickly - my intention obviously being to let them know they are completely stupid for being there and that it's a place for CARS, not PEDESTRIANS. 

Of course my OCD takes this as a flaring opportunity to make me question my motives and whether I hit them or not and drove off and whether I enjoyed the feeling of actually doing something like that.

The first time in SO LONG I broke down and turned around to check there weren't one of them lying in the road smushed by myself... I had checked, turned around again and then come home. I'm very annoyed at myself that I felt I had to prove a point to those idiots fully knowing my OCD would kick in straight away, and very disappointed in myself for giving in to the thoughts and acting out a compulsion.

On a very side note, I'm also massively disappointed in how selfish people are in light of this pandemic, and incredibly disappointed that people have to behave like such idiots like in this situation I've just had. 

Sorry to offload this on you all :(

One wrist slap, coming up...

Isn't it weird that OCD can make us feel so bad for being human? I would have laid on the horn as I drove by and felt jolly good for doing so.

Give yourself a break. There are MUCH bigger things to deal with.

26 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

One wrist slap, coming up...

Consider it received! Thank you for the pick me up. OCD does love to play these little games huh..

And yes, much more important worries to be had at the moment. Thank goodness my OCD doesnt centre around contamination, I feel for those right now who are dealing with that on top of the real dangers of the pandemic!