How are you coping with being isolated and are you thought worse because of ir

Hi There

I would say I have mild OCD and pure O at that. I normally can cope with this by keep busy but find if I am not working first thing( I am a nurse and do shift work) being at home in the morning makes my ocd thoughts worse as I have too much time to thing and also if I am on a late the same thing happens. If I am on an early it is much better as I get to work and I more occupied. How are you all coping with this new situation. My thoughts are always worse in the morning and get better by the evening. I hate this illness, was completely free of it for a whole year but it came back mid January

I did think I would be better than the reality. In the last few days I have had a) anxiety; b) a religious crisis and c) anxiety and a religious crisis. :D

I was initially overjoyed because I felt time off work could be good for me. I could have a rest, get some writing done, unwind. I was fine at first but my writing can be a trigger as I think to myself (don't laugh) 'Can I write this? Would God allow it?' Annnnnd away we go. ? It's something I'm trying to break out of right now. Having all that fundamental Christianity out there and the time to view it = not helpful.

Don't forget - this is new for everyone. We're so used to spare time being precious, to the luxury of leaving to go to the cinema, etc. Everything has been cancelled; there's nothing to look forward to and nowhere to escape to. I understand your morning problem - it is a lot of time to think. 

Be gentle with yourself. Give yourself time to adapt. Also kudos for being a nurse - you are saving lives! 

Lots of love. :hug:

C x

Chirpy, in am your cortisol or stress hormones are high & serotonin is small so you obsess on stress. Exercise reverses these. I exercise a lot through the day. It’s allowed