Nottingham OCD Support Group Discussion – Wed 25th March

Unfortunately tomorrow evening's Nottingham OCD Support Group as been cancelled.  

This discussion as been opened for members of the Nottingham OCD Support Group to offer them a place to reach out for support in the absence of the group, and will be actively monitored by Ashley during the times that the support group usually operates (6:45-8:45pm).  Group members are welcome to create an account and join in the conversation, and regular forum members are also welcome to offer our group helpful advice and support.

Should any of the Nottingham group prefer to talk one-on-one then Ashley is available to chat during this next couple of hours or we can arrange a call during office hours in the coming days.

If you're new to the OCD-UK online forums the first thing you need to do is create an account. It's completely free and you can create an alias, you don't need to use your real name. To register simply click the sign up Link on our website. The system will send you an automated email asking you to confirm your account and once you confirm that you're good to go, you can sign in and post your first message below.  Note: We have had to block users with gmail accounts because of the vast amount of spam originating from users with gmail accounts. You will need to register for the forum with a non gmail account.

From a Desktop PC/Laptop

Click the grey 'Sign up' in the top right corner. 

ForumPC.jpg

From a Mobile

Simply click the Hamburger icon on the right (1) and then click the green sign up button (2).

(1) 20200324_122925.jpg

(2)  20200324_122937.jpg

Question for Nottingham Group

We are open to offering a group conference call via Zoom should any of the Nottingham group welcome that. Please comment on here and if there is interest I will arrange that for next week?   

So for members of my Nottingham group who will be joining the chat this evening feel free to make a short introduction for now (we can make bigger posts later). I will kick us off...

Welcome Everyone,

I'm Ashley (obviously - you don't have to use real name if prefer to remain anonymous), and it's myself that suffers with OCD and as you all know I have been to the group before. 

?

Hello Abby,

Sure, do you feel able to post about it on here?   If so then we will do our best to reply and help. We have some wonderful forum users who between us all we generally give great advice  :)

Would you find it easier to talk Abby?  If so I can arrange to call you (tomorrow) or for a female colleague to call you if preferred and you don't feel comfortable writing on the forum :)

Not sure if anybody else from the group is logging on this evening. I will head across home now (5 minutes) and check back then in case you have come back Abby, I will do my best to help if you did feel comfortable to post. 

If any of my group do need help in the days ahead then please do reply to this thread and myself or the utterly amazing forum users will respond to help (just like at the group), except here it can take a hour or two for replies sometimes.... but there is always a reply!

12 hours ago, Amelia99 said:

Hi Ashley

How can I join the Nottingham group?

Amelia 

Hello Amelia,

Welcome :) The group is open to anybody to come along, obviously at the moment we are not allowed to meet, and April's meeting will most likely not happen, but I am hoping we can meet again from May onwards.  We usually meet on the last Wednesday of the month between 6:45pm and 8:45pm.   The group is a nice friendly, and positive bunch and we vary in size from 6 or 7 people up to nearly 20 people sometimes.  The group varies in ages, some young people 16/18'ish up to people in 60s+ and both sexes. Some come alone, others bring a partner/parent.

Some people will come and prefer to sit and listen, others come and share what they are going through and from that conversation between the group develops. We try and ensure the group remains positive and recovery focused, despite the challenges we all face. 

I will update the webpage again once we have a new group date https://www.ocduk.org/support-groups/nottingham/ and my and the charity's Twitter pages. I am also happy to email you once we confirm the next meeting if you would like me to just post on here and I will note your email addy (as a forum admin I can see, so you don't need to share).

On 25/03/2020 at 19:38, Abby said:

I wanted to talk to someone about my ocd it's getting out of hand. 

Hey Abby, how are you coping? :)  

Here if you need to talk, either virtually on here or we can arrange to chat via telephone.  Ashley.