Liverpool OCD Support Group Discussion

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Hippo

i’m struggling a bit with my change of routine, any variation is difficult for me to manage. However, I guess it’s an opportunity to try and challenge some of those routines and take me out of my comfort zone.

I think it’s always difficult to gauge the right time for therapy. Do you go when things are difficult (when you probably should go) or when things have settled when it might not be as beneficial?

Same old, same old.... live with it, if it won’t let go try to be “sensible” (what would a ‘regular’ person do), only if all else fails ask for reassurance then make myself let it go. Don’t often need that last option these days - that’s  the one that counts as a “wobble” for me. 

Is anybody having specific OCD worries because of Coronavirus?

I found myself slipping down an OCD path of 'what if' these last 24 hours, I had to work hard to not fully go down that road. 

I think it’s always difficult to gauge the right time for therapy. Do you go when things are difficult (when you probably should go) or when things have settled when it might not be as beneficial?

Hi Catherine, sorry you’re struggling a bit, change can be particularly hard for us - good on you for seeing an opportunity in it though. Good luck pushing back against it. 

Great that you are not seeking too much reassurance Hippo, and don’t be too harsh on yourself when you do. Sometimes it’s reasonable to seek reassurance even ‘regular’ people do. I think it’s when it becomes excessive and constant it becomes a problem.

Sorry folks, I’ve been asleep not been feeling 100% hope everyone is doing well? Under the circumstances. I also can’t hang about as I have a phone call with my counsellor at 6pm! 

hows everyone coping being confined to our houses? Finding it all a bit unnerving myself. It’s going to be a long few weeks/months 

My plan is stubbornness I think! Ocd is not taking back the peace of mind I’ve fought for. I know how effective the tools are and I try always to use them on every little thing which mostly keeps the big stuff away (for me) and the stuff that does then affect me isn’t as bad if you follow me - the peaks are lower than ever before.