Soap Making - Method Required

So in this time of being frugal to make everything last with no waste allowed when the selfish stockpiling started, I figured I had better be careful with soap. So I  have been retaining those little slivers of soap that normally get thrown away, with a view to melting them all together to make one new bar.  I realise now it's not that straight forward :D 

I checked a few you tube videos but they all seem to have different methods.  So does anybody have a simple, guaranteed to work method?

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly soap making but, if u collect all those little slithers of soap and put them all into an old sock and tie the sock closed, you have a home made loofa type thingy with soap already in it to use in the shower lol 

21 hours ago, Wonderer said:

Not exactly soap making but, if u collect all those little slithers of soap and put them all into an old sock and tie the sock closed, you have a home made loofa type thingy with soap already in it to use in the shower lol 

That’s a brilliant idea! ?

Haha thanks, I’ve never used it but seen it on the show “extreme cheapskates” never thought anything I saw on that would come in handy, but here we are! ? I think stockings or tight would be better but I don’t think Ashley will own any of those haha x