Hi there,

I was recently told I had ocd about 4 months ago since then I have been started on citalopram and have started on cbt. Sometimes I feel Rubbish and other times I feel like I’m getting better. I’m wondering what other people’s experiences are? 

Hi shonie 

Welcome to the forum :) 

It's great that you're doing cbt for your ocd. It's not uncommon for you to feel up and down with it - don't lose hope - you will get there! It's not a quick fix but it works :) 

There's lots of helpful and knowledgeable folk on this forum so feel free to reach out any time :) 

Hi Shonie

Welcome, welcome! Glad to have you here. We'll do all we can to help you out and give support. I'm glad you're getting the support you need. 

The key things are - don't expect to get better all at once. It's okay to feel bad sometimes and feel good in others. It'll take a while for things to get together in your mind; you might feel a 'click' of clarity one day, like I did; the moment I clicked these were just thoughts. But if you don't, then that's okay; it comes slowly, slowly. And to quote Aziraphale from Good Omens - which I would recommend you watch, by the way - 'whatever happens - we're beside you!' :D 

C x