May have turned a corner

Hey ladies and gents,

So today has been a really bad day. I have changed my clothes numerous times and had a shower in an attempt to keep clean but I feel like, despite all my efforts, that I am still not clean. To give you an idea of how bad it is, Dad put a slipper that has been sat in urine in a basket full of clean clothes and I have to wear them later. Horrendous. But anyway, after having a shower and touching soiled clothing and everything, I eventually got to my room feeling far from clean. But I actually feel like I'm past caring. I am just emotionally drained, tired and upset and I think to myself, well, maybe I just have to give in that the world is going to conspire against me to have really unclean stuff and I have to deal with it. Because my Mum isn't going to wash all the clothes again because of a dirty slipper. She washed some but how do I know that she got everything? Answer is, I don't. So I live in fear? what do I do? God knows. I am just so tired and drained and this whole COVID thing and being trapped in an enclosed environment with people who don't have the same "standards" as I do is very very draining and difficult.

I guess I am just going to have to live with it now. SO I guess that is turning the corner.

Hi Dave

It's good that you feel some form of acceptance but do be kind to yourself. These times of stress are hard and getting a lot of OCD going (including mine!) I know it's hard right now, but just go easy on yourself. Acceptance is a very good thing; just go step by step by step. ❤️