Moderating Team... How are you doing?

In the hustle and bustle of looking after the forum, sometimes I think we all forget that the moderating team all suffer with OCD too, so on behalf of the forum I want to say :thankyousign: and ask how are you guys doing right now? 

But being serious, thanks everyone..it means a lot:) and thank-you too for all you do here as a community, this really is a group effort.

OCD-wise I'm rumbling along with the odd blip here and there, but on the whole I'm in a good place in these difficult times. 

I'd like to say a huge thanks to Ashley, who somehow manages to be constantly active doing moderator duties alongside all his telephone support work and charity CEO duties. This man must truly work 24 hours a day! :hug::cheers: 

Regarding my own OCD I'm lucky to have reached a place where healthy thinking is second nature whenever OCD challenges arise.  So I'm taking things one day at a time, not letting myself worry about future uncertanties and trying not to get frustrated at my long-awaited plans to improve my quality of life being scuppered by a xxxx virus. Patience! 

11 hours ago, snowbear said:

I'd like to say a huge thanks to Ashley, who somehow manages to be constantly active doing moderator duties alongside all his telephone support work and charity CEO duties. This man must truly work 24 hours a day! :hug::cheers: 

Regarding my own OCD I'm lucky to have reached a place where healthy thinking is second nature whenever OCD challenges arise.  So I'm taking things one day at a time, not letting myself worry about future uncertanties and trying not to get frustrated at my long-awaited plans to improve my quality of life being scuppered by a xxxx virus. Patience! 

This is a great attitude to have snowbear ??

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

I see you didn't learn from your forum time out muppet. If you don't like it here and want us to remove your forum account, just ask. Trying to get yourself banned by being obnoxious just reflects badly on your personality. 

But....

Bullies. Nope. People with OCD who donate hundreds of hours to try and offer advice and support to others struggling with OCD, despite their own struggles.

Politically correct. Ha, no. Most of us come from a time when being politically correct simply meant spelling the word correctly. 

Well said Ashley, although being 39 surely puts you outside that time?! ?

On 03/04/2020 at 13:50, Hal said:

OCD-wise I'm rumbling along with the odd blip here and there, but on the whole I'm in a good place in these difficult times. 

That's great Hal, you will reach out to us if you do need a friendly shoulder at some point?   I am sure the entire forum community will jump at a chance to support you, although I hope we never have to :)

We're here for you buddy.

On 03/04/2020 at 21:52, snowbear said:

I really look forward to hearing about some of the work taking place I know you have plans for once this is all over Snowbear.  Like Hal, you have been there for so many other people that you deserve support and even if that us all just wishing your home plans come to fruition for a better life there at home. 

I hope the coronavirus has not caused any additional blips for you Snowbear? 

The dratted virus has caused some practical problems rather than some OCD blips, Ashley, but adaptation is my middle name so I muddle through and have changed the way I do things as necessary. I finally got registered with Sainsburys as a vulnerable customer, but there have still been no delivery slots available so registering seems a bit of wasted effort! However, my care assistant has so far managed to get some shopping for me here and there and I won't starve. :)  

I'm lucky that my mental contamination topic never been anything to do with bugs or disease so I don't have any OCD issues in relation to the virus. In fact life is more 'normal' for me (my usual routine) than it is for the millions who've suddenly become housebound for the first time. Apart from a few worries about empty shop shelves, no rubbish removal and a few difficulties getting enough of my regular painkillers my life is ticking over in splendid isolation just as before. :lol:

On 06/04/2020 at 18:42, Ashley said:

That's great Hal, you will reach out to us if you do need a friendly shoulder at some point?   I am sure the entire forum community will jump at a chance to support you, although I hope we never have to :)

We're here for you buddy.

That's such a lovely thing to say, thanks Ash. I'll definitely reach out to you all if things ever get tricky...so far thankfully things are good, but :thankyousign: