Pressure and OCD

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is managing ok in these extraordinary times. I’m not doing so well today and just wanted to drop by for some support. I have some personal life issues which seem to be firing up my ocd. I’ve noticed when stress comes at me I can feel ocd come at me too, negative feelings and thoughts that I can’t cope with it etc.. As a lot of people know from reading my stuff on this forum I have been stuck on one thought for a long time but this week I noticed it change to another although similar in content and I’m a little scared about this. This hasn’t happened in a while and although at least I had some familiarity with the other thought, this new one coming in is trying to tell me it could be worse and I’m scared. Just need a hug and an ear to listen cos they are scarce in my house at the moment with a lot of tension. Thank you so much. Keep safe and well x

Oh, snap, Nikki! I understand what you mean. It's okay to not be well; I've had bad days. 

These are stressful times for all; that's perfectly okay if it gets to you. My religious OCD has flared up over the past few weeks as a consequence of having little routine. It's like the frying pan into the fire, isn't it? I went from being worried about my grasp of theology to whether or not I would pass something onto someone and got so anxious I couldn't eat or sleep. In these strange times, it does just seem to get worse and worse, but it will get better; your thoughts aren't you.

Sending you a hug. :hug: I promise, this will pass. ❤️ 

Thank you Cub! It is so true that it will pass and thanks for the hug ? Sending you the same back my friend. We are sure are being tested right now. I imagine  lot of domestic situations are getting tense too with people all being cooped up like chickens and no break from each other ?‍♀️ 

I just feel really worried about the new ‘worry’ as I call it where as before this thing that came into my head I was able to brush off in the past obviously. Now I feel it’s causing me to feel guilty now and maybe it’s worse than my original worry as I have a clear thought about what it was  rather than a less clear thought on my persistent worry. ? sorry just stuck and worried 

Same old, Nikki. Whstever obsession you are dealing with at the time, it always seems more real, more troublesome than the previous ones. It's just a thought. Nothing has changed. Lesve it alone.