Any productive goals during lockdown??

1 hour ago, taurean said:

To create the rockery and shrubbery in the back garden :smileys-gardening-291500:and continue to practice my, in recent years in hibernation, cookery skills :chef:

Sounds amazing :) any ideas on rockery design/theme?

• 2 months later...

The sandstone is at the moment just looking beautiful, we are not planning to plant up the rockery this year, as I think that ship has sailed ??

But the border is looking nice just with the planting we have made. 951525187_DSC_00093_compress6.thumb.jpg.883210db461a0892918faa04664cb934.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's looking nice. I was thinking of a rockery under the two big trees in our garden, but I've already planted daffodils there, and we've had a lot of fungi/mushrooms growing in the shade, which would be a shame to destroy.

I love the idea of gardening for nature. We don't use weedkiller or try to remove dandelions, daisies, buttercups and clover, and as a result we get interesting butterflies, bees, plus small birds love coming down into the grass to feed on insects and seeds. For quite a built-up area, where most people have covered their gardens with paving, decking or gravel, it's a bit of a haven for wildlife. I've just sent for a nyger seed feeder, after discovering that there *are* goldfinches in this area, plus coal tits and blue tits.

• 6 months later...

I know it's Winter now & everything is died back and the photo shows your garden very newly planted up but let's have a current photo of that same shot Roy.  It will be good to see it pre-Spring and then watch how it matures through the year :)

5 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

I know it's Winter now & everything is died back and the photo shows your garden very newly planted up but let's have a current photo of that same shot Roy.  It will be good to see it pre-Spring and then watch how it matures through the year :)

Thats a good idea. I will sort one when the weather improves.

Ooh, I like your fence with the trellis top, Roy! My garden took a backseat last year with no gardener able to attend for months. Then it underwent a radical chopping back and ripping out phase in autumn so it's really bare just now. I'm waiting to see what pops up this spring and whether anything survived being buried under the forrest of overgrowth. Exciting times! :smileys-gardening-291500:

• 4 weeks later...

I will update. 

In the front garden Julie's hard landscaping work last year is paying off and the bulbs she planted are sprouting. 

We both have painting by numbers sets to tackle. Mine is of the brilliant steam locomotive "Flying Scotsman". 

We both love Scotland.