Sign in to follow this  
Orwell1984

Any productive goals during lockdown?😊

To create the rockery and shrubbery in the back garden :smileys-gardening-291500:and continue to practice my, in recent years in hibernation, cookery skills :chef:

1 hour ago, taurean said:

To create the rockery and shrubbery in the back garden :smileys-gardening-291500:and continue to practice my, in recent years in hibernation, cookery skills :chef:

Sounds amazing :) any ideas on rockery design/theme?

No. I am just the labourer, my wife is the designer ☺️ But we have bought about 20 sandstone rocks, so there is a clue 😔

Edited by taurean

Sounds like a great project for you both to get your teeth into. I love sandstone. It’ll introduce a Grecian or Roman flavour to your garden :)

The sandstone is at the moment just looking beautiful, we are not planning to plant up the rockery this year, as I think that ship has sailed 🚢😊

But the border is looking nice just with the planting we have made. 951525187_DSC_00093_compress6.thumb.jpg.883210db461a0892918faa04664cb934.jpg

That's looking nice. I was thinking of a rockery under the two big trees in our garden, but I've already planted daffodils there, and we've had a lot of fungi/mushrooms growing in the shade, which would be a shame to destroy.

I love the idea of gardening for nature. We don't use weedkiller or try to remove dandelions, daisies, buttercups and clover, and as a result we get interesting butterflies, bees, plus small birds love coming down into the grass to feed on insects and seeds. For quite a built-up area, where most people have covered their gardens with paving, decking or gravel, it's a bit of a haven for wildlife. I've just sent for a nyger seed feeder, after discovering that there *are* goldfinches in this area, plus coal tits and blue tits.

I have taken up diamond art painting and it is very therapeutic. Have done A lot of small ones, now that n my first big one.