Got a tickly cough!

Right before I start, just want to say I suffer with health anxiety and with this Corona virus going around I do feel very uneasy.

I have had this tickly cough on and off since October, but although irritating I just got on with it because Corona wasn't really out there as such..... But now different story, havent had this tickly cough for at least 3 weeks, and now its back but with whats happening right now is making me feel really anxious because of Covid..... I'm so scared, that I may have it, even though this cough has been on and off for a while. 

I told my hubby and he just says I'm being silly and that I haven't got it, its just a cough....But the uncertainty is How do you know its not!  I have no temp, nothing and feel relatively well in myself considering the anxiety..... Its just this tickly cough and not sure if its that or not...... ???

23 hours ago, oetegenn1976 said:

I told my hubby and he just says I'm being silly and that I haven't got it, its just a cough....But the uncertainty is How do you know its not!  I have no temp, nothing and feel relatively well in myself considering the anxiety..... Its just this tickly cough and not sure if its that or not...... ???

You felt anxiety (understandable) and you sought out some advice from your husband (not ideal, but understandable).  Now you are seeking more reassurance from the forums.  Does that sound like OCD?

Coughs happen for many reasons, they are quite normal.  COVID-19 is just one of many possible reasons for a cough.  I can appreciate why you'd feel nervous at a time like this, its hard, but you need to do your best to try and not jump to conclusions.  You've considered the symptoms, you've asked for advice.  Now the hard part, try and go with that and let the worries be.  The more you can avoid giving in to compulsions, the sooner the anxiety will fade.