My first crush....

5 hours ago, Cub said:

Mine was a toss-up between Brains in Thunderbirds (don't judge me) and Danger Mouse. This girl has a thing for eyepatches. :D 

Dangermouse is incredibly suave, at least as cartoon mice go!

Mine is probably Avon from Blake's 7, although I was a bit on the young side at the time.

This is well embarrassing but my first crush was Freddy Mercury! I must have been about 10 years old when I seen him in his red leather suit on stage, I thought he was amazing.

And he was amazing!

1 hour ago, jenny77 said:

This is well embarrassing but my first crush was Freddy Mercury! I must have been about 10 years old when I seen him in his red leather suit on stage, I thought he was amazing.

And he was amazing!

Definitely not embarrassing! Lucky you getting to see him perform ?

3 hours ago, jenny77 said:

And he was amazing!

Oh I love Freddie ever since live aid.

I was a kid having my school sports day that day of live aid, but I saw him on stage and that might have been my first 'wow' moment in life.

I’m now seriously jealous of you Jenny and Ashley! I’ve been to Freddie’s house on 10 yrs anniversary of his death  ? and seen ‘Queen’ twice, but nothing could ever compare to seeing Freddie perform live

12 minutes ago, Orwell1984 said:

I’m now seriously jealous of you Jenny and Ashley! I’ve been to Freddie’s house on 10 yrs anniversary of his death  ? and seen ‘Queen’ twice, but nothing could ever compare to seeing Freddie perform live

oh I didn't see him live, just via the TV.

20 minutes ago, snowbear said:

At risk of revealing just how ancient I am, my first crush was James Stewart because of his sexy American drawl in the 1950s black and white movies. :)  

I know him from his films but wasn't sure what drawl was so googled. I never knew this, but he actually served on the front line in Vietnam (bombing raid observer).... that's amazing. 

10 minutes ago, Ashley said:

but wasn't sure what drawl was so googled.

Young thang. :lol:    Guess you had to be abrought up on WW2 movies to know the American accent was referred to as a drawl by the Brits hearing it for the first time.

I'm now truly feeling my age... :Old:

30 minutes ago, snowbear said:

At risk of revealing just how ancient I am, my first crush was James Stewart because of his sexy American drawl in the 1950s black and white movies. :)  

I can understand that attraction. 

I loved the black and white movies ?️

I was pretty struck on Jane Fonda, especially in Barbarella-guise ?

7 minutes ago, snowbear said:

I'm now truly feeling my age... :Old:

Well nothing wrong with happy recollections. 

In those days so much of our TV (just two channels) was American material. 

I was pretty sold on the actress who played Della Street in Perry Mason. Just googled her - Barbara Hale. Lived to 94. 

Edited by taurean

Must admit I loved Honor Blackman too. She was great as Pussy Galore in Gold finger, but terrific in The Avengers as Cathy Gale, partner of John Steed, played by Patrick MacNee. 

Edited by taurean
  • 1 month later...

Nick Heyward (Haircut 100, circa 1982).

My friend Martin had dinner with Freddie Mercury in about 1981.  He said he was a nice bloke, and not at all like the quite nasty articles some of the British tabloid papers ran about him after his passing in 1991.  

Paul Darrow as Kerr Avon in "Blakes 7" is a good one:  he was apparently a very funny man, and if you listen to the radio, he did the continuity announcements for Jack-FM, and its sister networks.  

Tez ☺️