Favourite Toys From Our Childhood

On 13/04/2020 at 23:11, Andrea said:

I agree with Amanda. I have great memories playing with playmobile figures in my childhood.

I also have great memories playing with Play Doh

Love the smell of play doh

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/07/2020 at 11:57, helen10937 said:

Love the smell of play doh

Believe it or not you can get it as a perfume/fragrance!  A company called Demeter Fragrance makes an officially branded version!  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I used to go to my grandma's house and play this these little horse toys, the were expensive and very detailed but me and my sister were allowed to play with them. we'd sit on the fluffy carpet and use the fence pieces to build enclosers for the horses. 

my sis used to steal all the fences and i would get mad at her than quickly forget about it in favor of just making one of the horses pretend to gallop around for no reason. idk i geuss i was just simple.

1 hour ago, Kittykatz said:

i don't remember what they were called but me and my older sister spent hours playing with them.

“My Little Pony” ?

• Train set.  Big brother and I kept the entire national rail network running from our bedroom.
  • Airfix models.  We re-enacted the entire WW2 with the models we made.
  • Mecanno.  Cranes were our speciality.  We built Britain.
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a 90s kid so my childhood toys were Polly pockets, Barbie, Sindy etc.

My absolute favourite Polly pocket was this one below from about 1993. I was obsessed with it!

I also had the Sindy camper van 4x4 toy which I think I've still got in the loft somewhere haha.

Happy days 😊

images.jpeg

Sindy-4x4-Jeep-Vintage-1990’s-Boxed-And.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, bendylouise said:

monopoly

We had that and all the playing pieces were cast metal and the houses were wooden.  I wonder if there are any of those old sets around today?

14 minutes ago, northpaul said:

We had that and all the playing pieces were cast metal and the houses were wooden.  I wonder if there are any of those old sets around today?

There must be I should think. I think our Monopoly had plastic houses and hotels but metal playing pieces – I remember a Scottie? dog, a racing car, top hat, a boot i think - cant remember the others. What piece did you go for? I went for the dog mostly 😊

Edited by bendylouise