Favoutite Words - And Why?

I like the word epic, because it conjures up those monster movies of old like "Spartacus" "The Ten Commandments" "Cleopatra"- so long there was an intermission between the halves.

I also like it , because it has a pleasing connotation too - If something is "epic", colloquially it is something special - and there are lots of things special to me.  

Obfuscate - sounds magic, which if you think on it, could bring to mind a magical cloud of smoke which obscures or obfuscates :) 

contrarian- found this word when trying to understand various family members lol. Sounds great and rolls off the tongue.

Zarathustra - again inspires thoughts of mysticism. Persian prophet who founded Zoroastrianism (love that word too)

conundrum- loved the sound of this word my whole life and the meaning. No prizes for guessing where I first discovered it 

Equilibrium- It actually sounds like it’s trying to balance itself and I envisage a see saw or scales when I think of it. I like the way it looks and sounds and is a nice word to speak. 

I embrace my weirdness ?

Some nice choices in there. 

Fibrous is good - it conjures up, for me, an image of celery ?

But here is a cracker - funicular, as in funicular railway. It rolls of the tongue beautifully. 

• 3 months later...

Jack 'defenestrated' Jill at the hotel Tropicana or something similar sounds daft to me. So I will go with that. And yes Jill survived and his very well thankfully.

• 3 months later...