Swollen testicle

I noticed I had a swollen testicle About three weeks ago roughly. Then not the Friday just gone but the one before I spoke to a GP on the phone. He asked me some questions then said he’d refer me for an ultrasound and a appointment letter would be in the post.

The letter hasn’t arrived yet but I’m a bit worried about getting Covid in hospital - especially as my Dad who is in the house is over 70. There is a different hospital the same distance away in a different direction. It was in the news for keeping Covid patients away from other patients successfully - I’d prefer to go there but I don’t know if I should try or not.

I think there are strict protocols in hospitals at the moment to ensure safety and it's important you get this checked out.  If you'd feel happier with the other hospital, ask the practise/your GP if you could be referred there.  It's only a question.  Fingers crossed for you xx :)

Thank you Caramoole. So you think phone the surgery not the hospital referred too, the other hospital, or 111. Or just let it be.

Edited by daja

I think there will be strict protocols in place Daja, its important for you to get this looked at. you can always ask the question around the covid segregation at whichever hospital you attend, it may well say so in the letter once it arrives.

I saw this once in a client it was a hernia & yes an ultrasound is performed.  But a urologist found it just by touching.  It’s important to get it taken care of ASAP. There is more risk waiting than exposure to Covid 19. 

4 hours ago, Handy said:

I saw this once in a client it was a hernia & yes an ultrasound is performed.  But a urologist found it just by touching.  It’s important to get it taken care of ASAP. There is more risk waiting than exposure to Covid 19. 

Thanks.

Hi Jumbo thanks for the reply. So it’s Tuesday today and the doctor said he would get a letter sent not the Friday just gone but the one before. I was going to wait until it was two weeks before chasing them up. Do you think I should phone sooner?

Edited by daja
On 05/05/2020 at 11:55, daja said:

Hi Jumbo thanks for the reply. So it’s Tuesday today and the doctor said he would get a letter sent not the Friday just gone but the one before. I was going to wait until it was two weeks before chasing them up. Do you think I should phone sooner?

If they get bigger yes. Testicles are not the same size normally.

10 minutes ago, Handy said:

If they get bigger yes. Testicles are not the same size normally.

Yes I read it’s normal to have one larger than the other on the NHS website. I think it said it’s usually the right one that would be bigger than the left - my enlarged one is the left.

It has enlarged significantly - whether it is still enlarging I’m not sure. I phoned the surgery on Wednesday the 6th May and the lady on reception said the GP referred me on the 27th April after I spoke to the doctor on the 24th.

The lady on reception said give it a few days to see if the appointment letter from the hospital comes - if not phone them. So just waiting now...

Edited by daja