Prescription charges

Been on ssri’s for 20 years, and because of other health issues now need 3 items every 2 months roughly.

i could use a yearly prescription cert I guess but wonder if my ocd meds should be free anyway?

Edited by Logan5
Make clearer
14 minutes ago, Captain Trips said:

I wish they were free in England. My mate gets his insulin for free so why shouldn't we get our meds for free?

In Wales all prescriptions are currently free which is good, not sure about Scotland. 

Prescriptions are free in Scotland. I only know because my family live there ?

I think if you are a student they are free. Also you can get an NHS prepayment certificate:

There are 2 PPC options to choose from: a 3-month PPC costs £29.65 and will save you money if you need more than 3 prescribed items in 3 months. a 12-month PPC costs £105.90 and will save you money if you need more than 11 prescribed items in a year.

57 minutes ago, PinkPrincess1981 said:

Prescriptions are free in Scotland. I only know because my family live there ?

Looks like it's just England that's got the raw deal then. I recently moved from England to Wales and my prescriptions went from about £30 to zero per month! 

36 minutes ago, Captain Trips said:

Looks like it's just England that's got the raw deal then. I recently moved from England to Wales and my prescriptions went from about £30 to zero per month! 

I pay for a prepayment certificate, just over £10 a month for unlimited prescriptions.