Hi all. Checking in ?

Hi! How is everyone? 

I first joined OCDUK around 7 years ago I think?! Just wanted to see how people are doing. 

I personally suffered with harm intrusions, I suffered from around age 6, didn't understand about OCD til I was around 22. The only reason I found out about OCD was because I had had my 1st child (who is now nearly 10!) and my OCD had started to focus on him, I then felt tremendous guilt and had suicidal thoughts because of this. 

I didn't know what was wrong with me. I was (at 1st) too scared to speak to a Dr and felt very lonely and afraid, I began to believe that my child would be better off if I was dead. However that's now in the past for me, OCD no longer controls ANY aspect of my life. 

I wanted to reach out right now because I understand how extra hard this COVID-19 situation will be for many sufferers of OCD. 

I want to lend an ear to listen, an inbox that's open and an understanding of how OCD can effect daily life. 

Anyone please feel free to message me, however I'm a 29 Yr old mum of 2 so can definitely help mums ? but also happy to speak to anyone who suffers. 

I'm not a Councillor although I have been told many times I should go round the schools doing presentations about childhood OCD (I did one at my sons school when he was 5 and showing signs). 

I cannot offer you advice regarding medication, councelling or to do with your current treatment plan. However I can speak honestly and openly about my own struggles. Speak to you without judgement (especially talking to those mummas out there) and give hope that you really genuinely can beat this! 

OCD ruled at least 13 plus years of my life. The last 8 to 9 I have ruled over OCD in a healthy, non cumpulsion or obsessed way. OCD is there but it has no control. You can feel this too. 

I hope this is OK to post here. 

In a way I hope I don't see any names I recognise as I would love for you all to have beat this and moved on. But if anyone recognises me, come say Hi! It's been a long time! I will always be grateful of this forum and its members.

You helped me gain clarity ?

Hi Em!

It's wonderful to hear OCD no longer controls any aspect of your life and to see you here as a beacon of hope for others - living proof that full recovery is possible. :) 

18 hours ago, snowbear said:

Hi Em!

It's wonderful to hear OCD no longer controls any aspect of your life and to see you here as a beacon of hope for others - living proof that full recovery is possible. :) 

Great to hear from you SnowBear! How are you doing?