IS THIS NORMAL

Guest emmacharlotte24

Guest emmacharlotte24

Hey everyone this might seen silly but anybody get this i woke uo last night and my heart was like beating really fast and i felt like i was kinda trembling internally it was horrible , and it has kinda dragged into today and have been at work and it felt like the feeling of impending doom and i cant see ahead can anybody relate to this just thought it was werid just waking up like it emmax

Guest twoshoes

No fun is it? I find these feelings perfectly normal, I wish they weren't.

Yesterday the same thing happened to me whilst I was driving home from work...no obvious trigger but still all the syptoms of increased anxiety. A CPN once explained that anxeity can be triggered well before the sypmtoms appear.

I have woken feeling the way you describe, fulll blown attack has me thinking I might be waking up with a serious health problem and I have to talk myself into acknowledging that it is just anxiety.

If you have a CPN, psych or the like speak to them about methods to use when these feelings arise to help you take control of them. Having the low level anxiety follow you around for the whole day is exhausting.

Take care

Kerry

Guest Gurstang

Yeah I've had this. I thought i was having a heart attack! :blushing:

My cpn said that this is kinda a attack of an axiety attack where a pysical symptom has led to raised stress levels which leads to more of the physical symptoms,creating a circle of panic and symptoms.

He recommended that taking a few minutes to go through deep breathing exercises which should calm you down which should lead to a lessening of the physical symtoms. Hope this helps.

Gurstang

Guest hope125

hi, Emmaa,

i used to get this a lot and funnily enough i fell asleep in front of the tv last night and work up feeling all 'funny'. try not to worry, it is normal anxiety related stuff. speak to your dr if it continues and he might be able to recommend some relaxation techniques. you are bound to be more aware of what is going on in your body today, this funny sensation you woke up with has upset you and left you feeling anxious about why it happened, just try to relax. i promise i have had, and still do from time to time, the exact same feeling. it is normal for us anxious people!!!

speak soon

hope

xxxx

Edited by Guest
Guest ScottOCDid

Hi Emma :)

this might seen silly but anybody get this i woke uo last night and my heart was like beating really fast and i felt like i was kinda trembling internally it was horrible

Please be assured that these panic attack symptoms are quite common. They can make you feel convinced that you're having a heart attack and can carry a sense of detachment from reality or of impending doom.

They're harmless - although very unsettling.

The BBC website give a clear, concise summary of the symptoms.

Another odd manifestation of nighttime anxiety, which I've experienced a few times, is nocturnal myoclonus, which involves kicking out a leg or twitching an arm in your sleep. When I've had this, I've typically been kicking a ball or jumping over something in my dreams. Weird!!!

Take care,

Scott

:)

Guest Sveedisch Wefewee

Another odd manifestation of nighttime anxiety, which I've experienced a few times, is nocturnal myoclonus, which involves kicking out a leg or twitching an arm in your sleep. When I've had this, I've typically been kicking a ball or jumping over something in my dreams. Weird!!! :)

Heh - I do that too! I think the day to really worry is when I thrust my arm in the air as if holding a yellow or red card..........

But this thread is about Emma - so I'll shut up! :xmas_cheesygrin:

Emma - what you described could (and I stress only *could* - your text merely reminded me of it) also be a condition known as Super-Ventricular Tachycardia (or SVT) - this in itself is not uncommon in young, fit and healthy people, especially athletes or other sports-active people. I had SVT attacks from about 18 to 28 (I am no longer as young, fit or healthy as I once was when doing athletics - muwahaha) and they could sometimes make me panic or feel down.

Do you get these moments often? Does your heart-rate eventually return to normal again suddenly? Do the moments occur at other times than just at night? If so, I have some tips on how to deal with them in the immediate moment, to help take the heart-rate back to normal and avoid anxiety.....

Guest saint bear

I wake up feeling like this a lot, and (i don't remember who) someone

else pointed this out too, but it's like our defenses are down when

we are groggy and have just woken up and are somehow

unprepared to deal with the **** in our heads. It's hard enough

when the physical symptoms of anxiety are making us wig out

but the inability to think our way out of it rationally (i.e. tiredness)

makes it more difficult to work through.

Does that make any sense?