OCD hyper but making mistakes

I had a dry cough for a few days and thought it might be coronavirus.  I husband thought hayfever and as I work at a school, albeit once a fortnight at the moment I wanted to get tested just in case as I would feel awful if I coughed and not known if it was dangerous or not, especially when little kids don't always stay 2m away.  I freak out after a day of school anyway, not sure if OCD but certainly not making it easier.

Anyway, on VE day I decided to stay in garden incase there was something wrong with me whilst I was waiting for the result of test.  My son blurted out to our neighbour i'd had a test when I popped outside, so I sat discussing this with her and enjoying the sunny afternoon (2m away)  and now I'm thinking why on earth I sat outside!!  My result was negative so is probably hayfever.  How come I can be as lapse as this but totally losing it crying having a breakdown on others - like after work.  

You sound exactly like me. 

I can see it's OCD ,but I know how you feel cos I can't see it when it happens to me. I can see you did nothing wrong . I know I shouldn't offer reassurance as it won't help.

So what I wanted to say is I used to have a coaster for a tea cup by my bed that I made saying ' no one got hurt' to remind me in times like this to let it go..everyone makes mistakes or perceived OCD mistakes and just let's it go. OCD makes me blow it out of proportion. 

Today something similar happened to me, not Corona related , something where I made a mistake but luckily all was well.I decided as no one got hurt to use this as practice for walking away from my OCD and not ruminating on it. I did it and it feels amazing .like I beat it

You did nothing wrong and it is OCD .use this bad feeling as an opportunity to practice accepting that.