I've had OCD all my life and have worked through it with either professional help or self help.  Something I'm dealing with at the moment is OCD staring and finding it difficult to manage. I am trying to be more mindful but it doesn't seem to be helping.  I know I'm making people feel uncomfortable especially as there have  been times when it's genitals and it's making me feel awful, particularly when my OCD has always been about harm to others and that I know that this is not who I am.  I've wrote about this and about the possible outcomes of doing this but that doesn't appear to be helping. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure,possibly. I think I'm so worried that I have done it when I haven't that I actually end up doing it,if that makes sense. Also I'm just a generally anxious person.

Oh right it sounds like you're hyper focused on where your eyes are then. I think it's pretty common when you don't want to look at something that with OCD you end up looking. I imagine at the moment you're pretty vigilant about where your eyes are and that's the problem. When you're out and about, you need to act carefree with your eyes. Harder said than done but possible with practise.

You mentioned being mindful which may help with the above, but it really depends on whether you can look where you want. If that's something you struggle with then deliberately looking at things you're avoiding would be an obvious exposure. Of course I know you can't stare at people, but the aim would be to glance around at anything you mind find uncomfortable and not do any compulsions afterwards. Remember that people without OCD may look at someone's crotch without thinking, they may even stare by accident, but it's just mindless looking around, that's what you're aiming for :)

Thank you for your reply and there is definitely points to think of. I just feel worn out by it and fed up of dealing with another part of my OCD.