My psychiatrist wants me to give Clomipramine a try. I’ve been really hesitant as I’ve heard about supply issues. Does anyone else take this drug? Have you had problems with supply?

Has this drug really worked for anyone with OCD? The side effects list is horrendous. If I’m going to do it, I need to hear some success stories. I’ve tried loads of others drugs and they are not really helping.

Thanks

Did the psychiatrist give reasons why you should try this medication?  Did the SSRIs not work? No experience of the medication. I have been on an additional drug for diabetes for just under a month because the lockdown has affected access to a good spread of foodstuffs such as leafy vegetables and high quality protein and the good fats. The GP and the pharmacist checked  on my progress by telephone consultations as a few people have very bad reactions to the medication.  So I would ask the psychiatrist and your GP to monitor you in the opening period of taking the medicine. Don’t know about availability but you could ask your pharmacy if there have been supply issues.

Hi Crazy,,

I tried it several years back, but experienced really bad sweating, & also had problems with supply! 

I too have tried many of the typical SSRI meds, but now take a minimal amount of an antidepressant not really recommended for OCD (Venlafaxine), & also a minimal amount of a antipsychotic, I think recommended for treatment resistant OCD (Aripiprazole). 

I was in a very bad way, but this combination really helped me engage with top quality CBT, & I have made huge progress since!

All the best! :)