I struggle with intrusive sexual thoughts. I have a girlfriend. These thoughts will be about other girls, the thoughts can range from sexual acts to wanting them to be my girlfriend and this thought specifically  always seems true. The way I overcome all of these thoughts by telling my girlfriend all of them. If I don't tell her they will stick in my head. The thoughts will go when i tell her. When I tell her she is obviously upset by the things I tell her. I need a way of not telling her and breaking the cycle.

Hey there. The obvious solution is to stop telling her.

What you are doing is confessing, a well known compulsion. You think doing it fixes the problem but it doesn't. Becsuse it happens again and again and again. You aren't fixing anything. You are stuck in a repetitious loop. Compulsions never solve anything.

You can't bresk free of this until you see the thoughts as just thoughts and dtop rescting to them with compulsions.

3 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Hey there. The obvious solution is to stop telling her.

What you are doing is confessing, a well known compulsion. You think doing it fixes the problem but it doesn't. Becsuse it happens again and again and again. You aren't fixing anything. You are stuck in a repetitious loop. Compulsions never solve anything.

You can't bresk free of this until you see the thoughts as just thoughts and dtop rescting to them with compulsions.

Thank you