My ocd is currently at def con 1, I’ve been a sufferer since the age of 22 on and off. I am now 50. I’ve had pure ocd, contamination ocd, checking ocd, etc...my brain never shuts up, even normal thoughts upset me now as I’ve come to associate thinking with pain. OCD has blighted my life. I long for a day when a cure is found, it’s the cruelest disease in such much that we as suffers are in a constant internal war with ourselves. I wish it would end.

I’m  contacting the doctor on Monday to be put back on medication in the hope it will turn down the pain, the noise and the images.

I could do with support.

with my sincere thoughts to all of you battling this dreadful disorder 

Thank you for your kind words.

I have spoken to the emergency doctor this morning, picking up a prescription soon. 

OCD is AWFUL.........

1 hour ago, pinklemonade1237 said:

Hello. I am sorry to hear you are suffering. Ocd is horrible, but you need to keep fighting against it. Try and keep yourself busy so your ocd thoughts will find it harder to bother you. Keep fighting, you can get through this!

So sorry to hear that you are suffering. OCD is a horrible illness. Like you I have had it on and off from the age of 20 and I am now 58. I try and keep myself busy and I go to work as I am a nurse in a nursing home . I have thoughts about dates in the future and thinking something evil is going to come and get me. I know it is just ocd and a lot of the time I can cope with but there are days when it is harder. I too have pure O I think we all have to keep fighting and put into action behaviour therapy’s. Go to the Doctor they can help you. I am on meds and have been for a long time. Things will get better. Take it one day at a time.

1 hour ago, Chirpy said:

So sorry to hear that you are suffering. OCD is a horrible illness. Like you I have had it on and off from the age of 20 and I am now 58. I try and keep myself busy and I go to work as I am a nurse in a nursing home . I have thoughts about dates in the future and thinking something evil is going to come and get me. I know it is just ocd and a lot of the time I can cope with but there are days when it is harder. I too have pure O I think we all have to keep fighting and put into action behaviour therapy’s. Go to the Doctor they can help you. I am on meds and have been for a long time. Things will get better. Take it one day at a time.

Thank you so much, I am a fighter, no doubt, my wife says I am super resistant to giving up, but OCD is very very hard to deal with. I have now got my first  set of tablets, 25 mg a day , I hope it takes the edge off. when lock down over, I may join up with a support group. 

Guest dimmerswitch

So sorry to hear you’re struggling.

I’m also in my 50s and ocd came on when I was in my early 20s. Back then there were no forums so I thought I was descending into madness, or becoming a monster. What got me through those very very dark early days was reading. I don’t read a lot now, but then, I’d sit up all night and just read. Generally funny books, just to help me get through it. The distraction was key as the brain can only concentrate on one thing at a time. I wasn’t actually diagnosed as having ocd until a few years later.
I hope the medication helps you. I hope you begin to feel better soon.