Hypochondria and OCD: coping mechanisms

I’m new to this forum, and I thought talking to people with similar problems could help. I’m diagnosed w ocd and I’m a hypochondriac. For years I’ve had to go to the doctor Bc of any new sensation, and for years it was nothing. For example, right now I have whats logically almost definitely a pimple on my breast and I’m super scared it’s breast cancer (although I’ve had my mom and a doctor look at it, and I’m only 19 with no family history so it’s not likely.) I know ocd and hypochondria are different diagnosis’s, but I also know they can be heavily related. So far, my plans are getting in contact with my therapist again, using this forum more often, writing down my feelings and practicing calming, grounding and meditation techniques. Does anyone have a similar problem and how do they deal with this? I’ve been relapsing after years of being in a way better place and it’s frustrating after I’ve made so much progress (the times have definitely caused this.) thank you so much!

Those plans you've suggested sound very practical. My OCD is centred around health anxiety, especially a handful of very specific related health concerns. The only other things I can think of to add to what you already plan to do, is exercise (or increase your exercise is you already do some), and taking into account that certain foods can affect anxiety - for example too much caffeine, or too much of foods containing processed sugar, which cause a bit of a rush, then a big drop in energy. Eating a more healthy, balanced diet can help even out mood.