Magic Thinking Dates ocd

Hi there everyone. For over a year I was doing really well and my ocd was non exsistence. Then back in January while I was on my own  mythoughts came back and they have been here since then. I find they are worse in the morning and get better as the day goes on. Most of the time I can deal with them,  but every so often a thought triggers and I become quite anxious. Do you all get this.

My ocd centres round dates and being on my own and something evil coming after me. Now I know these are magic thoughts and I have to accept them and move on. I work 3 days a week which I enjoy and even though the thoughts are there I can still do my job. I was wondering if any one else has something like my ocd. I believe in a higher being but I am not over religious but still think that some horrible will get me. I know I am a lot better with this as many years before I wouldn’t be able to even mention my thoughts. 
I know in my own mind I will get better again but at the moment it is a struggle. Also with this vivid 19 you have more time to think. I am keeping myself busy and have started a new hobby of diamond painting and most days  I sit in my garden and enjoy the sun.

I you can see I am coping but just need to talk to others who know about this illness so I don’t feel so alone with it. Thank you for listening

I have exactly the same as you Magical Thinking OCD 

With me my OCD targets things i enjoy so for example today if I play on my PS4 something really bad will happen to me next year, but it also controls me in other ways like having to touch things a certain way and repeating things

Like you because of the Lock down my OCD has gradually gotten alot worse, I did do a few posts recently 

On 01/06/2020 at 14:25, Chirpy said:

Yes I sure then and replied. What we have to remember is that our thought can not cause anything to happen to us. It is just this stupid illness

Yes and huge respect that you've managed to recover from this before, since my recent break down i would say I was roughly 70% over it now I feel like I'm back to square one and it's a horrible feeling 

No disrespect to other forms of OCD but this form feels much harder to talk about to non sufferers 

It sure is Mark and it is different to normal ocd but it is still ocd. We have to just take it one day at a time. It will slowly get better. Try not to avoid doing things just because you ocd say too. You need to fight the thoughts and try not to do too many can compulsion. It is hard but can be done.