Does this sound like zoophilia or OCD?

When I think of animals mating or something sexual in nature like that, I get a turned on feeling in my groin but I always just brushed it off because I figured I was just feeling that because animals mating is sexual in nature and my lizard brain was just reacting to that. But now I have full fledged beastality OCD I don't know if its even ocd, I want it to be I think but sometimes it feels like I don't want it to be ocd but I dont understand. Ive always loved animals and I never thought of them in a sexual way, it always made me feel uncomfortable but I do get a feeling in my groin when I think of them now. When I looked up zoophiles, they mentioned that they were sexually turned on by animals and my gut reaction was "im not like that" but how can I know im not? Sometimes when I think of these horrible things involving animals it feels like I want to masturbate but not to those intrusive thoughts, how can I know whats a fantasy and whats not?

God this is so gross and I hate it but I can't deny the feelings I get in my groin, it feels like im turned on and not exactly like what my other groinal responses feel like. I only get this "turned on" feeling when I think of something phallic or something vagina like and this applies to animals genitals too. Do you think this is some lizard brain part of thinking of something sexual? I have no and I mean NO desire to ever do anything sexual to animals and I dont even know if I am able to think of them sexually, its kind of like thinking of a wall sexually. I can't be a zoophile I just cant see a life where  im able to live like that, I can't get past this feeling I get in my groin whenever I see anything related to genitalia.

Also it feels like I want to be into this sometimes and that I don't want it to be OCD but I do I really want it to be OCD and this scares me a lot, can anyone else relate to this or something? How can I not want it to be ocd I need it to be, I cant be attracted to animals I just cant be

I have seen a few people say, ‘if you think it is OCD, it probably is’. I think from what you describe it sounds like it is OCD. Are you speaking to any professionals?

But I dont know if I think its OCD, ive had a few other sexual ocd themes before, POCD, incest, and all that and this one feels more real and while I really wish this was OCD im not sure if it is because this feels like I get physically turned on but I dont want to do anything to animals. Wouldn't someone who is really into this look for opportunities to do something with animals. I dont do that

Exactly, you have said it yourself. It’s clear how you feel about the topic from what you are saying. OCD can feel different depending on the theme, so it doesn’t mean that this time it isn’t OCD :)

23 hours ago, cardibites said:

But I dont know if I think its OCD

You’re question was “Does this sound like zoophilia or OCD?”

That means you were thinking it MIGHT be OCD. 

You don’t have to be certain for the rule to apply, which is good, because the ne problem with OCD is lack of certainty sufferers feel. 

I appreciate that this is causing you distress, that you are seeking help because you don’t like how things are going. That’s totally understandable. Now that you have reached out, and been given some guidance, the next step is to work on accepting that, even though you still might feel doubt, and trying to treat these intrusive thoughts as unimportant (because they are unimportant, no matter how scary they seem). 

Treat the problem as OCD, even if you aren’t sure. That’s your best bet  

Edited by dksea

Anxiety & Sexual desire come from the primitive amygdala in our limbic system mostly.  Neocortex or new brain is our modern brain.  It’s about intrusive thoughts not sexuality but ruminations on it are a compulsion.

Edited by Handy