POCD help I’m struggling!

Hello everyone. Before I start I just want to warn everyone that this may be triggering to some. A couple days ago I was thinking about the age of this kid and for some reason while thinking about their age I smirked at it. It felt so creepy to me and I feel absolutely horrible for it. I don’t know how to let this go, I’ve been obsessing about this for several days now I just can’t seem to get it to go away. I feel super guilty and I just really want some help. I would love nothing more but go and see a therapist but because of covid-19 I cannot. Please help! 

Edited by j00

Look, you have to let it go. OCD lives to grab hold of inconsequential things and blow them all out of proportion. Uou make it so much worse by doing compulsions, notably ruminating. Let it go. Life's too short to obsess about a smirk. 

3 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Look, you have to let it go. OCD lives to grab hold of inconsequential things and blow them all out of proportion. Uou make it so much worse by doing compulsions, notably ruminating. Let it go. Life's too short to obsess about a smirk. 

Again thank-you so much for your help. What if it keeps happening to me, because it repeatedly happens to me.. should I just let it go? I just feel bad