POCD please help

Before I say anything this is very weird and I don’t want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. My apologies in advance. When I was watching an ad with a kid in it I got a groinal response, but I tried to prevent it by holding it in (sounds weird I know) It felt kind of like I was trying to force another groinal response to happen, and I’m afraid it’s because I like the feeling of it. Because sometimes it really feels like I like the feeling which freaks me out even more.. I’m very scared and don’t know what to do.. It’s really weird because I’ll try to hold it in/hold myself together before the groinal response even happens sometimes (if that makes any sense) and then it feels like I’m forcing a groinal response to happen because I want it to because I like the feeling, that’s what it feels like to me at least and its very odd.. and sometimes my mind won’t care or will be so nonchalant about it which worries me further.. and this whole thing happens all the time to me. Sorry it was long and that it was very weird, but thank-you for reading.

Edited by j00
1 hour ago, The last Jedi said:

Have you tried chlompriane,  works wonders for a lot of ocd thinking, and I'm told it's the drug of choice for OCD 

No I haven’t tried it all. I’ll do my research on it. Thank-you for telling me about it

17 minutes ago, j00 said:

No I haven’t tried it all. I’ll do my research on it. Thank-you for telling me about it

I found it really really helpful, good luck. 

Edited by The last Jedi
On 08/06/2020 at 11:56, PolarBear said:

So, you did A and things got worse. Do you suppose maybe you should stop doing A?

Ah, I understand.. am I a bad person though? 

On 08/06/2020 at 07:40, The last Jedi said:

Have you tried chlompriane,  works wonders for a lot of ocd thinking, and I'm told it's the drug of choice for OCD 

Clomipramine MR Discontinuation. Novartis is discontinuing the production of Anafranil MR tablets. This discontinuation is due to the manufacturing plant closure and the lack of a suitable alternative site with the ability to produce the medicine to the same specification.

On 08/06/2020 at 23:40, The last Jedi said:

Medication can be helpful for treating OCD, many of us use it, however it is still important to pursue CBT.

As for clomipramine, it is used in the treatment of OCD, but it is not the drug of choice.  Clomipramine is a try-cyclic antidepressant or TCA.  The first line drugs for treating OCD belong to the selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitor or SSRI class and include fluvoxamine, citalopram, escitalopram, sertraline, fluoxetine, and paroxetine.  It is important to know that the exact level of effectiveness and degree of side effects varies from person to person.  Finding the right drug for an individual is a bit of a trial and error process, but in general the SSRI's are tried before TCA's like clomipramine.  If you are considering using drugs to help manage your OCD of course discuss with your doctor 

2 hours ago, Handy said:

Clomipramine MR Discontinuation. Novartis is discontinuing the production of Anafranil MR tablets. This discontinuation is due to the manufacturing plant closure and the lack of a suitable alternative site with the ability to produce the medicine to the same specification.

If you are going to post information like this you should cite your source.  Anfranil is still available in the UK (and globally) in other forms than this particular tablet formulation, and this news is years old.  

17 hours ago, j00 said:

Ah, I understand.. am I a bad person though? 

I'm not going to answer that. You're looking for reassurance, a compulsion. 

Understand that you are not responsible for the crazy thoughts your mind comes up with. You are responsible for how you react to them.