Does It Make Me A Bad Person If I Have Intensionally Bad Thoughts?

Am I a bad person for having intentionally bad thoughts? Can we control what we think sometimes as well? Because it feels like at times I can’t, and then when I have a thought that’s intentional it freaks me out and I have really, really bad ones.

Edited by j00

Often, the act of trying to control thoughts brings up more of the thoughts we don't want. It also depends how you react to them. If you're anxious or upset about them, then they're intrusive and not worth engaging with. I've had the most horrendous thoughts in the past and recently, and I know it's nothing to do with me. Also the thoughts are so bad because they are the direct opposite of who you are. Sadly you can't control what pops into your head, but you can control what you do after.

8 hours ago, Imhotep said:

Often, the act of trying to control thoughts brings up more of the thoughts we don't want. It also depends how you react to them. If you're anxious or upset about them, then they're intrusive and not worth engaging with. I've had the most horrendous thoughts in the past and recently, and I know it's nothing to do with me. Also the thoughts are so bad because they are the direct opposite of who you are. Sadly you can't control what pops into your head, but you can control what you do after.

Thank-you so much for your help