Can Paranoia be OCD

I know its silly, irrational and OCD! But my anxiety is through the roof, because I am so scared of becoming mad! 

This morning,  I woke up and felt fine.  To be honest my OCD has been quite bad with many things lately, as I with the doctor has reduced my meds so instead of 150mg I'm now on 100, although sometimes I forget to take them to now and again! I want to come off them anyways, as been on them for 11 years! but I just try my best to get on with things, and I'd say I am coping.  Its just the odd pop ups that take hold sometimes. 

Anyways I'll get to the point! This morning I was fine, then I told my hubby to do a brew, and he did.... Everything fine, yes and no.  As soon as I took a sip, I had a pop up of what if my hubby has poisoned my tea! Then obviously thoughts omg I'm going mad, ohhhh I'm paranoid etc etc, i know its stupid, if my hubby was going to kill me, he'd have done it 25 years ago! Anyways my anxiety and thoughts are still there despite me knowing its silly! 

How I hate you OCD. Why would something like this even enter my mind!

Thanks for ready, any help?

I have a very similar problem to this! I have terrible worries about my partner, I've had completely concerns that he is a pedophile, that he is evil, at one point I started having intrusive thoughts that he was a demon. As you can imagine, I thought that I was going completely mad! Of course I knew it was illogical but the thoughts were still there and it frightened me because I thought that having such thoughts meant there was something seriously wrong with me. I spoke to my therapist about this, he said that I definitely wasn't going crazy. His explanation was that OCD is a doubting disorder and that it will make us doubt anything that is valuable to us. In this case, the doubt was about my partner, his integrity as a person, doubting reality and my own sanity etc. I tried to take the general OCD approach to it and to try and stop fighting the thoughts, so I told myself ok maybe he is an evil demon who is going to kill me....and after I stopped trying to fight that thought, it went away. I hope this helps in some way, I don't think that you're alone in feeling like this!